Check the best online casino Canada with free bonuses in February 2023. Use our exclusive list of Canadian online casinos with great signup offers, free spins and no deposit bonus.
|All Online Casinos:||CA Licenced||Secure & Trusted||Fast Withdrawals|
|All Online Casinos:||CA Licenced||Secure|
BEST casino SITES canada: February 2023
At Netplay247 you can find all the best online casinos in Canada, which offers all the popular games of your choice and your favorite software to satisfy your gaming needs. We constantly update and closely follow developments in the online casino market, including casino apps as well as existing customer offers and promotions.
The latest no deposit bonus and the background to our February 2023 rankings can be found below.
ONLINE CASINO CANADA FAQ
Here you will find the “quick” version of common questions, get the answers to some of your questions about casino and free spins.
Complete Guide and Review of Casinos in Canada
If you are a Canadian reading this, then it’s obvious you value premium, authentic and real-time information. Well, that’s exactly what this article contains – a detailed, fact-based explanation of everything you need to know about online casinos in Canada. Gambling has always been a favorite pastime for Canadians for a long time.
Just so you know, the gambling industry in Canada is recovering and rapidly expanding into the market with respect to population and revenue. This industry has had its fair share of the decline in revenue in the last five years. According to Statista, the estimated market size of the Canadian gambling industry in 2021 is expected to be at least 12.54 billion dollars. This is in contrast to its grossing 16 billion dollars in 2011. However, this revenue is expected to gain traction and steadily grow over the next couple of years. This growth would be generated through online casino activities in Canada.
The era of crowding the halls of a brick-and-mortar casino is becoming outdated, though Canadians still indulge the idea occasionally. Many Canadians now prefer to gamble from the comfort of their settees just by visiting the websites of their favorite online casinos. Talk about ease, you don’t need to also visit the banking hall to make deposits and withdraw your winnings – everything can be done while relaxing on your rocking chair.
In the last two years, (2020 & 2021), the sheer increase in the use of online casinos has been on the rise. Research has shown that there were more queries on search engines for online casinos in Canada during the sit-at-home pandemic measures. This was because the COVID-19 pandemic made it impossible for punters to visit land-based casinos, and so, a lot of Canadians turned to online casinos to be entertained, bet and win cash for themselves.
For the records, Canada ranks 8th in the list of countries where online gambling is popular. In addition, regions like Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia are pushing the frontiers of online gambling in Canada with the launch of their website where natives can gamble online. The existence of numerous online casinos in Canada has expanded the participation of many Canadians in online gambling thereby creating a level playing field for these online casinos to compete and create attractive offers that will pull gamers to their platform.
This in turn gives punters the freedom to choose online casinos that best serve their interests. Over 3000+ online casinos are operating in Canada, and this figure isn’t declining. Hence, it could be a daunting and confusing task to determine which one is right for you. This is why we are here to provide you with no-fluff reviews on the best online casinos in Canada.
Our site offers the best online casino reviews in Canada. If you are ready to get all the important need-to-know on online casinos in Canada, read on.
Getting into the online casino space
To be able to gamble on online casinos in Canada, what you need to do is simply identify an online casino that aligns with your interests. An online casino that makes it easy for you to sign up, fund your wallet and withdraw your cash.
You need to also look for an online casino that gives you unmatched entertainment through the best of games from top-notch software developers.
Examples of online casinos in Canada that tick these boxes are Betway casino, Mr. Green casino, Casumo, Leo Vegas, Comeon casino, etc. Some of the determinants that distinguish a great online casino from an average one will be discussed in the sections that follow.
To have access to these online casinos in Canada, you will be required to sign up. This is as simple as filling in personal data like your name, contacts, email address, choice of payment channels, etc. Your account is created within the twinkling of an eye.
This is how to get into the online casino space in Canada.
Online casino Canada; Software providers
If you admire the offers of an online casino, then you need to note that offers only contribute a little to making your experience in a casino enjoyable. There are Canadian punters who play at a casino just because they like their array of games. A combo of exciting games and offers are the sauce of every online casino, and these games are created by software companies that are home to innovative game designers and graphic artists.
There is a lot that goes into making a great game suitable to be played on online casinos. Sometimes the process involves conducting research and collecting data on the kind of content that can steal your attention on sight. They also research to come up with new and innovative game ideas that will captivate punters.
Some of the best software providers that are behind popular game titles in online casinos like Betway casino, Mr. Green casino, Leo Vegas are NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’N Go, IGT, Novomatic, Betsoft, NextGen, Playtech, Evolution Gaming, Yggdrasil Gaming, Quickspin, Thunderkicks and a host of others.
Online casino Canada; the games
Online casinos in Canada offer an eclectic library of games. From slots to table games, it’s an exciting pool of enjoyment, to say the least. The best of games are not necessarily the ones with the most beautiful graphics, nevertheless, stunning graphics is an advantage for any game. What attracts gamers to any game title are features like the ease of gameplay, good RTPs (Return to player), the odds, bonuses available on the game, software provider (Yes, some Canadians select games because of their love for a game provider).
Online casinos in Canada also offer demo versions of some of the games they host. This provision gives room for Canadian punters to learn the ropes of a game before they start playing with real money. It’s advisable for newbie gamers to try out their hands-on demo games before wagering on real money online casino Canada.
Game titles also play a great role in how Canadian punters choose their games, especially if the game is an adaptation of a popular story or movie. (Jurassic Park slots is a perfect example).
Examples of games categories that are common on online casinos in Canada are video slots, table games like Roulette, Blackjack, Video Poker, Baccarat, Keno, Craps, Bingo, Pai Gow Poker, Scratchcards, and live dealer games. Check out this list of the popular game titles that you will find on most online casinos in Canada.
- Gonzo’s quest
- Jurassic park
- Cleopatra Plus
- Age of the gods
- Texas Hold’em
Perks and player’s benefits: Bonuses, loyalty points, VIP programs
Everyone loves freebies, you are inclusive. Giving freebies as a hook is a classic marketing tool that still works in this age. There are a number of freebies that are offered on online casinos in Canada.
- Welcome bonuses: as the name implies, welcome bonuses are the ‘Thank you’ gesture that online casinos give new customers. It’s offered as a percentage bonus that follows your first deposits. Sometimes, this bonus is spread across up to three deposits that you make on your casino wallet. It ranges from 100% – 500%.
- Multipliers: Multipliers don’t come every time. They are reward features that multiply your winnings on a game during the time frame when it’s active on a game. It can be a double or three times multiple of whatever your winnings are. Some multiplier rewards can be as much as 100x.
- Loyalty bonuses: Loyalty bonuses are given to loyalists. Those who have spent a lot of money and time on a casino platform- longtime customers. Loyalty bonuses are rewarded as a part of the packages of a casino’s loyalty program. They are also rewarded when a player accomplishes a certain milestone in game-playing history.
- Referral bonus: Referral bonuses are given to those who bring new clients to the casinos. It’s administrated through the use of links or player codes that are requested when the new gamers are signing up. When the new players make their first deposit, the gamer who invited them gets a bonus reward.
- High roller rewards: This reward is given to those who make huge deposits in their accounts regularly. These deposits qualify them to be awarded the status of a VIP. Being a VIP in an online casino community positions you to enjoy random gifts, VIP tickets to events organized by the casino, first-list receivers of promotional offers, access to Canadian online casino slots tournaments, and many more benefits.
- No deposit bonuses: No deposit bonuses are given to players without the condition of an initial deposit. This means that you don’t have to make any deposit to enjoy this bonus. All you have to do is sign up and enjoy the freebie. Note that this online casino Canada no deposit bonus comes with a condition called wagering requirements. Wagering requirements refer to the number of times your winnings must be used to wager on games in the casino before you can make a withdrawal.
- Deposit bonuses: Deposit bonuses can motivate players to fund their accounts because they come as a multiple of whatever the amount that is deposited. For example, you can get 100% or 200% of your deposits.
- Free spin bonuses: Free spins bonuses can only be used on slots games because it’s only on slots you get to spin wheels. They are given to players as a way to promote a new game or to welcome new players to the platform. This bonus reward can also come up anytime as a reward for topping a game leaderboard or as the online casino seems fit.
Loyalty points are distributed regularly as gamers play in the casino. Once it gets to a certain number, mostly 1000, it can be exchanged for money at the rate of 100 loyalty points to $1.
The program is set up by the casino as a way of recognizing outstanding gamers who contribute immensely to the revenue of the casino. Players who spend a lot of money are drafted into the VIP program through special personalized invitations. Some online casinos in Canada publish the requirements that qualify gamers to be considered for the VIP program, and some don’t. For the records, the VIP program is open to everyone as long as you satisfy the requirements that qualify you for such.
How to deposit and withdraw money in online casino Canada
If you aren’t interested in playing free online casino demo games, then it’s important you fund your casino wallet to be able to play with real money. Different casinos in Canada have a threshold figure that should be your first deposit. It ranges from $1 to as much as you want. To fund your wallet, log into your account, and go to the payment page. Here are the few common payment options for Canadian punters.
- PayPal: PayPal is a household name already in the financial service space offering payment solutions to millions around the world. Most online casinos in Canada support deposits and withdrawals through Paypal. All you have to do is link your casino wallet to your PayPal account to be able to transfer and receive money back and forth. Note that payments in online casinos can be a bit demanding, but once you provide the casino’s requirements which may include your IDs, and do some verifications, you are good to go.
- Credit and Debit cards: This is a no-brainer option. You can use your credit and debit cards issued by your local bank to fund and receive your winnings from online casinos in Canada
- ecoPayz: You can as well use your e-wallet with ecoPayz to transfer money into your online casino wallet and receive money as well.
- Interac Online: This is a Canadian-based Fintech company, so it’s a great choice, especially for Canadians. Because it’s a native company, it makes it easy for you to reach out to them in cases of delays or security breaches. However, Interac Online is quick, reliable, and secure. To use Interac Online, visit the Cashier page on the casino’s website and follow the due process.
- Skrill, Neteller, Paysafe Card, Visa, and Mastercard: These options are very much payment options on online casino in Canada. You may find them all active in some Canadian Casinos, but you will surely see two to three of these payment options active in all the online casinos in Canada.
Security and legality in online casino Canada; Government laws, regulations, and licensing
Canada as a country is divided into 10 provinces and 3 territories, and so, the laws differ with respect to provinces and territories. But to cut to the chase, if you are wondering if it’s legal to gamble in Canada, yes, it is. Not until 1985, gambling was illegal in Canada, but the consensus that gave autonomy to provinces to oversee gambling matters brought stability into the gambling sector. Now, some of these provinces have gambling websites. The legal age to gamble in Canada is 19 years and above. There are only a handful of these provincial gambling websites, so offshore casinos have a lot of Canadian clients. This is totally legal in Canada, however, ensure that they are licensed by authorities like the acclaimed Malta Gaming Authority, The United Kingdom Gambling Commission, Curacao government, or Kahnawake. If this is in place, then your security is taken care of.
Let’s sample some provinces and their provisions for both online and offline gambling:
Starting with Quebec. Quebec allows residents to play in offshore (outside of Canada) online casinos. They also have their gaming website named Espacejeux which is managed by the government. Asides from this, there is a couple of land based casinos that Canadians in Quebec can visit to gamble freely.
- Alberta is widely known as a gambling-friendly place. There are over 25 land-based casinos to choose from in case you find yourself in Alberta. You can also try out online casinos even when in Alberta
- British Columbia has over 15 land-based casinos, it only supports the Play Now online Casino. Playnow is owned and managed by the British Columbia Licensing Company.
- Yukon Territory doesn’t have any permanent land-based casinos, but it grants licenses for approved venues to conduct gambling activities for at most three days. There are no licensed online casinos in this territory as well but sports betting takes the place of Sports Select.
- Northwest Territories also do not have any land-based casinos or licensed online casinos, however, Sports select provides sport betting services to Canadians in this territory.
- Saskatchewan doesn’t have any online casinos that are based in this province, but Canadians can access offshore online casinos from there. Sports Select caters for Sports betting in this province.
- Ontario has 24 land-based casinos and a number of places where Canadians can play the slots machines. The gambling rules here are quite liberal, Canadians in Ontario can play at online sites like PlayOLG, or offshore online casinos.
- Nova Scotia has two land-based casinos and supports betting on the Pro-line service for parlay sports bets.
- New Brunswick only gives room to land-based gaming venues but there is only one gaming site regulated by the government in this province which is Pro-Line
- Offline and Online Gambling in Manitoba is regulated by the Liquor and Gaming
Authority of Manitoba. PlayNow Manitoba is the single licensed online casino in this province, and the maximum wagers for a day is C$250 on Sports Select. At this juncture, it’s a wrap from us. We are confident this article has given you the fact-based information that you need about online casinos in Canada. If you are a newbie gambler, the information here is invaluable, the best thing you need right now to succeed as a Canadian punter. Do well to keep tabs on our site for more in-depth, no-fluff reviews that will help you along your journey as a Canadian punter.