Browsing from Ontario? Visit our dedicated Ontario Province Betting Section.
Check the best sports betting sites with free bonuses in October 2022. Use our exclusive list of Canadian Sports Betting Apps with great signup offers, including Free Bets.
|All Bookies Are:||CA Licenced||Secure & Trusted||Fast Withdrawals|
|All Bookies Are:||CA Licenced||Secure|
BEST BETTING SITES canada: October 2022
At Netplay247 you can find all the best betting sites in Canada, and the right sports betting app to satisfy you and your betting needs. We are constantly updating and closely following developments in the betting market, including odds developments as well as existing customer offers and promotions.
The latest free bets offers and the background to our October 2022 rankings can be found below.
A Detailed Guide To Sports Betting in Canada
Sports betting Canada is one of the most entertaining and thrilling aspects of gaming. The industry attracts people of all ages, making it a leading source of revenue for the Canadian government. Over the years, many well-known sports betting Canada sites have offered their services to Canadian gamblers. We are here to explain why they are so good and why you should trust them.
In our gambling sites comparator, we will go over the basics of Canada sports betting and what to look for when choosing a Canadian online sportsbook. We will discuss everything from choosing the best Canadian betting sites to their sportsbook reviews to bonuses to deposit and withdrawal methods. We explore almost everything there is to know about sports betting Canada to help provide you with the best sports betting experience.
Is Sport Betting in Canada Legal?
Before starting your sports betting adventure, you must be wondering if it is legal in Canada. The answer is a resounding yes. Canadians have had access to sports betting Canada legal since 1985, but the advent of single-game sports betting Canada is likely to push sports betting in the Great White North to new heights. Before 27 August 2021, the only forms of sports betting allowed in the country were parlay bets and pari-mutuel gambling. These refer to two or more bets combined into one.
Furthermore, these wagers were only available through the lottery systems of each province. As a result of this circumstance, Canadians turned to the internet for more convenient gambling choices, investing an estimated $14 billion yearly in offshore gambling sites.
Thanks to the enactment of Bill C-218 in spring 2021, Canadian provinces may now regulate and impose sports betting taxes Canada. As a result, many provincial lotteries are now offering expanded sports betting products. While the single-event wagering opportunities through the lotteries are relatively limited, they have increased betting trends in Canada.
It is vital to note that seven provinces, including Manitoba, British Columbia, Labrador, Newfoundland, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island, were among the first to permit single-game internet sports betting. Alberta swiftly followed suit, and in November 2021, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Yukon, and the Northwest Territories made single-event betting permissible in retail establishments.
In addition, Ontario has declared that on 4 April 2022, it will open its market to commercial operators. In December 2021, Alberta became the second jurisdiction to announce its intention to allow commercial operators after issuing an initial RFP for two retail sportsbook operators.
What is The Latest Sports Betting Canada News?
If you want to understand the Canadian sports better betting landscape, it is vital to understand its history while keeping track of any new updates. In the section below, we have highlighted the significant sports betting Canada news since Canadian gamblers began enjoying legalized sports betting Canada, especially single-game wagering. We will keep updating this section as new developments in the industry emerge.
- 2 February 2022: The latest addition to PointsBet’s Canadian partnership portfolio is Alpine Canada. In alpine, ski-cross, and para-alpine, the national ski team ranks among the top ten globally.
- 1 February 2022: The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLGC) launched a new sports betting product at 10,000 retail locations across the province. Bettors may now utilize Proline+’s extended online single-game betting from Proline+ to make retail single-game sports bets at provincial merchants.
- 28 January 2022: An announcement from iGaming Ontario that sports betting will be available in Ontario by 4 April 2022, Canada’s first jurisdiction.
- 20 January 2022: According to most forecasts, Ontario was predicted to be the first jurisdiction to launch, with its market expected to open by the end of the first quarter of 2022. In a January 2022 news statement, BetMGM confirmed its desire to function in Ontario, stating that its internet sportsbook and other internet offerings will be accessible later that year.
- 14 January 2022: There was an announcement from PointsBet Canada about a collaboration with Trailer Park Boys, characters in a famous Canadian television show.
- 11 January 2022: When the Ontario market opened to commercial operators, NorthStar Gaming revealed a collaboration with Playtech to offer online casino and sports betting users. Torstar Corp., the parent company of the Toronto Star and other Canadian newspapers, already has an advertising and marketing arrangement with the corporation.
- 10 January 2022: The NHL Alumni Association and PointsBet Canada collaborated to be the NHL Alumni Association’s official sports betting partner in Canada. When Ontario allows commercial sportsbooks to begin this year, PointsBet aims to open one of the first. The agreement also grants the company formal partner status in the United States.
- 4 January 2022: Fandom Sports, located in British Columbia, launched its live peer-to-peer esports wagering platform. In 2022, the company plans to provide sports and other iGaming products.
- 13 December 2021: The Canadian Football League and Genius Sports agreed on a new long-term relationship. Genius has secured worldwide exclusive rights to the CFL’s official statistics and a part in the league’s new commercial venture.
- 10 December 2021: Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis, and Alberta Gaming submitted a request for proposals (RFP) for two commercial sports betting businesses to run retail sportsbooks in Alberta. According to regulators, there may be other market potentials in the future, including internet and mobile.
- 3 November 2021: There was an announcement from Penn National that theScore Bet would be their online sportsbook brand in Ontario and across Canada.
- 28 October 2021: The reputable esports-based sports betting site, Rivalry, applies to open in Ontario early 2022
- 14 October 2021: Rush Street Interactive debuts the CASINO4FUN gaming site in Ontario. It could likely lead to the launch of their online BetRivers sportsbook and internet games in the region
- 13 October 2021: DraftKings sportsbook Canada, the NHL, and Turner Sports announced a DFS and iGaming cooperation
- 27 August 2021: Provinces in Canada gain the authority to permit single-event sports betting in their jurisdiction. Many jurisdictions, notably Quebec and Ontario, launched their internet sports betting facilities right away.
How Can Canadians Place Sports Bets Online?
Getting started in sports betting Canada is relatively quick and straightforward. However, the legal gambling age in Manitoba, Alberta, and Quebec is at least 18 years old. Alternatively, the legal gambling age in the other seven provinces that took up sports betting right away is 19 years. Here is how you start placing sports bets online.
1. Choose the best online sports betting Canada site
When making sports bets online, you must first find a safe and reliable online sportsbook. That is why we do professional reviews to present you with the best sports betting Canada sites. We understand how difficult it can get when searching for a genuine and ideal online sportsbook, which is why we provide honest assessments.
As a result, you will have insight into all of the information on each reputable sportsbook, enabling you to make the best and most informed decision possible. Our experts also read through the best sports betting app Canada Reddit reviews to find out what other bettors say about our recommended sites.
2. Open an Online Sports Betting Account
When opening an online account, you will have to provide accurate personal data. This includes your official names, address, age, place of residence, email address, and phone number, among many others. You must also provide identity verification documents to help the operator ensure that you have not been part of any illegal gambling activities. These include your passport, driver’s license, or utility bill. Upon successful registration, you can now sign in to your account and proceed to the next step.
3. Make your Deposit
Depending on your preferred payment method, you can proceed to make a deposit on the site. The best online sports betting app Canada should allow users to make deposits in CAD. Once you make the deposit, you should view your balance instantly in your online sportsbook player account.
4. Place Your Wagers
After cashing in, you can now begin placing your sports bets online. Take your time to make the most suitable selections. Do not forget to read the site’s terms and conditions. Our in-depth reviews also provide insights on making the best and safest sports bets online.
5. Withdraw your Winnings
Once you win in any of your online sports betting games, you can withdraw your earnings by requesting the operator. The process should be easy to understand and take the shortest time possible.
How Do We Rate the Best Sports Betting Canada Casino?
When choosing the best betting sites, it is vital to ensure that it meets your needs as a Canadian sports gambler. The site must also ensure the security of your information while also providing adequate thrill and the best odds for various games.
We know it is not easy to find the best sports betting Canada casino that caters to all your needs with numerous available options on the market. Luckily, with the help of our reviews, we provide proper guidance on how to select the best site according to its features. Below is a list of the primary criteria we evaluate when rating top sports betting sites Canada.
1. Safety and Security
The best online sportsbook betting Canada platforms must guarantee the safety and security of the information of their users. As such, we check to verify that all our recommended sites feature the latest security protocols and that legitimate betting site owners operate them. We also ensure that they have legal gaming licenses to ensure their legal operation in the country.
2. Banking Methods
According to our reviews, we have found that credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), e-wallets like PayPal and Ecopayz, Instadebit, and cryptocurrency are all acceptable payment options at the best sports betting Canada casino. In addition, we ensure that our recommended online sportsbooks provide players with a choice of receiving a physical check (cheque) or having their winnings put right back onto their bank card.
Remember that when used as a bankroll, cryptocurrencies provide bettors with an edge since they reflect in seconds. Our reviews also show that the top online sportsbooks allow gamblers to store their wins in their betting bankroll and use them to play again in the future.
3. Bonuses and Promotions
According to our expert reviews, most Canadian betting sites offer their players a lucrative sign-up bonus. In this case, your first deposit amount will be matched up to a specified amount. For example, if you deposit $100, the site will offer you an additional $50 to play with. Aside from the welcome bonus, you will frequently receive risk-free bets or sport-specific bonuses, such as an additional $20 if you make a parlay ticket with football and hockey.
Furthermore, we advise our readers to always go through the fine print before claiming any bonuses. Depending on the betting site, there are usually specific terms and restrictions that must be adhered to. Every betting site has its distinct set of requirements that must be satisfied before accepting any prize.
4. Available Sports
According to our expert reviews, the four major sports in North America, MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL, should be available at the top sports betting Canada casino. There should also feature CFL activity on Canadian Football League games and college sports such as NCAA basketball and NCAA football betting.
Furthermore, a Canadian-friendly online sports betting service offers odds and lines on soccer, including Champions League, MLS, and English Premier League. The same also applies to tennis for both men and women, combat sports like UFC and boxing, golf, motorsports like Formula 1 and NASCAR, as well as cricket.
Likewise, entertainment betting is growing in popularity. As a result, top online sportsbooks in Canada provide odds on reality television, award programs like Academy Awards and the Emmys, as well as wrestling. Lastly, political betting is also available. It enables you to bet on impeachment odds, impending elections, and other international events. All our recommendation features all these sports betting options as well as the best bets in the industry.
5. Mobile Compatibility
When rating Canada’s best sports betting platform, we ensure that it uses high-quality software on desktops and mobile devices. With most Canadian gamblers using smartphones, we ensure that our top-rated betting sites are compatible with iOS and Android devices. Furthermore, our best sports betting casino list comes with sites that feature a dedicated sports betting Canada app that is easy to use and features a wide variety of betting options. We will also show you what the application interface looks like and how to use it.
6. Reliable Customer Service
It is essential to interact with the sportsbook at all times since you never know when you will come across an issue. You want to contact a customer support agent so that you can have problems taken care of as soon as possible. That is only achievable with the top Canadian betting sites. While rating them, we verify that they provide friendly customer service through email, live chat, and phone.
Over the years, sports betting Canada has grown significantly in popularity, and the trend continues to grow as more operators join the market to provide single-game betting products. As an expert sports betting review site, Netplay 24/7 provides plenty of information to ascertain that you make the best selection to enjoy the ultimate sports betting experience.
Since there are a lot of Canada betting sites offering free bets right now, only our guide can help you identify the most exciting and trustworthy ones. We go through a comprehensive assessment procedure to ensure that the betting Canada sites in our list are worthwhile.
Every online casino is thoroughly examined before a review is prepared, ensuring that no aspects are overlooked. This review is then added to the list, highlighting both the positive and bad aspects.
We constantly update our website to provide you with the most up-to-date information on sports betting Canada sites. In addition, we maintain a list of Canada betting sites that we check every three months for regular updates.